Thursday, September 18, 2014

Session 8 - What is a Philosophy?

What are you curious about?

What all do I need to make my philosophy great and achievable?

  • Time to think about what you believe about teaching and learning, and then the opportunity to implement.
Does Ag Ed have to be about FFA?
  • Agricultural Education is not just about FFA. The FFA is an integral part of the agricultural education model in formal school settings. However, there are many examples of agricultural and environmental education that occur in non-formal settings that could guide your philosophy.
The involvement of all three circles in an overall ag course.
  • Next Tuesday's class on the "Premier Delivery System" should begin to answer some of these questions.
Philosophy and what it has to do with Ag. Ed.?
  • I hope we answered this in class, but feel free to talk with me further!

What did you learn?

o   How to start writing a philosophy statement
o   How to provide examples in my philosophy statement
o   More about my personal teaching philosophy
o   As a teacher you need to be flexible in order to succeed
o   How to think about my own philosophy
o   What items should be incorporated into a philosophy
o   The key points as to why we write a philosophy 

What do you want to learn more about?

More about the ideal program... stay tuned, more in this class and then a whole lot in AEE 413!

FFA... take AEE 311

Philosophy... Check out the following related to many different philosophies... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_education   I know, I know.... it is Wikipedia, but there really is some great information on this site.


No comments:

Post a Comment